[MPlayer-users] Ping-Pong playback.

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Wed Aug 26 08:01:45 CEST 2009

> Seems all this can be done if I could play backwards, which does not
> seem possible in mplayer.

We've been talking about stepping back frame by frame on this list some
time ago. There seems to be a demand for that, but again it seems not to
be that urgent to justify doing a lot of work in that direction.

> Since my file has no interframe compression playing backwards is just
> the same as playing forwards, but indeed this file is a special case.

That's the point, I think. Files with keyframes only dont appear in the
wild, and for good reason. Adding a feature which works only on files with
special, uncommon properties might lead to the need of a lot of
documentation and might provoke lots of questions of those who dont read
it.

> Is anyone working on backwards playback, perhaps a new feature in svn?

I dont think so.

Greets,
Kiste