[MPlayer-users] Fw: DVB, demux

Pásztor Szilárd don at tricon.hu
Wed Aug 19 12:54:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm feeding the HD stream from my DVB-C tuner into mplayer and a strange
thing happens.
Mplayer gets stuck and waits (indefinitely) because it fails to demux the
stream. I suspect it lacks some information on how to demux it but
nevertheless I can -dumpvideo the video out and it produces a raw H264 stream.
I can play this file by giving -demuxer h264es on the command line, but for
some reason, I can't get it work without dumping the video first.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I can't really understand what's happening here
because, as far as I understand, you need to demux the stream first to be able
to dump the video, no?

regards,
s.