[MPlayer-users] Playing 8-bit raw Audio with mplayer

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Sun Aug 16 23:51:35 CEST 2009

RC writes:
> No it shouldn't.  With any raw audio format, you have to tell the player
> details of the format..  Without a header, there's no way to know.
>
> And -format does the opposite of what you seem to think it does...

	Thanks. I did find the -rawaudio parameter and it worked
after I set it up with :

mplayer -quiet -rawaudio samplesize=1:channels=1:rate=8000:bitrate=64000 \
-demuxer rawaudio \
rawfile.ub

	The bitrate=64000 parameter appears to not really be
necessary if you specify the 8,000-sample rate. The seek
commands using the arrow keys work but the message showing
percentage of the file always shows 0%.

	Again, my thanks to both responders for helping to clear
up the confusion.

Martin McCormick