[MPlayer-users] Mplayer plays slowly video files from my digital camera

Anthony Hocquet anthony.hocquet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 00:59:24 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:53 AM, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski <rambo at id.uw.edu.pl
> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:44:52 +0200
> Anthony Hocquet <anthony.hocquet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok, using OSS audio output makes mplayer to play this file flawlessly.
> > But turning back to alsa makes the problem re-appear. Which version of
> > alsa are you using?
>
> I suspect the problem might be in the way now alsa works: dmix.
> I suspect you might be using some integrated audio board, like Realtek
> ALC, am I right? The output of audio is 11 kHz, 8-bit - dmix is software
> engine that converts it to best available rate and bit width, usually
> 44 kHz, 16-bit - but that does affect performance and thus creates lags.
> it

Yes I'm using integrated on board audio controller, but not the realtek one.
It's an Intel HD Audio :
 kal at kal-desktop ~ $ lspci  | grep -i audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio
Controller

Anyway, as I said in my previous post, upgrading to alsa 1.0.20 fixed the
problem :)

Cheers,

> --
> It's very glamorous to raise millions of dollars, until it's time for the
> venture capitalist to suck your eyeballs out.
>                -- Peter Kennedy, chairman of Kraft & Kennedy.

Anthony Hocquet