[MPlayer-users] Video Overlay

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Thu Aug 6 19:36:36 CEST 2009

> I'm not really maintaining vf_overlay anymore.  (It works and is more or
> less feature complete, but it's suffering bitrot with respect to keeping
> current with svn.)

If this is the case it should be removed. One of the biggest problems with
opensource software in general is people saying "oh, look at program X, it
has features A, B and C." Then you go look, and discover that B doesn't
work, and it takes three weeks of farting about on a mailing list to work
out that someone "isn't really maintaining B anymore."

In short: make it do what it says on the tin. If one of the features is now
so old it is in danger of not working properly, remove it.