[MPlayer-users] New list member - question

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 09:02:24 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 2:56 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos<cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> MHR <mhullrich <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> My question is:  Yes, I know this is not the most current revision of
>> MPlayer - it is, last I checked, the most recent revision available
>> from rpmforge, which is my #1 resource for non-distro apps.
>
> So, instead of you doing
> svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer && cd mplayer && ./configure
> && make
> (Sould not take more than 10 minutes on a sse2 cpu, I never install mplayer), we
> should try to guess if your problem was solved?

I suppose you could put it that way....

>> Is this something that has been fixed in a more recent revision?
>
> Yes, -monitorpixelaspect 1 is default since quite some time.

And this is exactly why - that much I can handle easily.

There are other complicating factors that don't belong here.  Suffice
it to say that I have my reasons and they don't include
inconveniencing anyone if an answer is readily available.

Thank you for your response - both parts.

mhr