[MPlayer-users] Using slave mode

Adrian Stutz adrian at sttz.ch
Tue Aug 4 00:25:16 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Andrea
Visinoni<andrea at puntualmenteinritardo.com> wrote:
> The slave.txt is not so clear, thank you.
> This is my simple test application, sending the loadfile command or quit
> works great, get_property not.
> I always read the same thing i'm sending.

I haven't used a fifo to send commands to MPlayer but thinking about
it, I guess it's just a one-way connection. Reading from it, you just
read from the other end of the pipe you write to and naturally, you
get what you send.

What you need to do is to read the standard output of the MPlayer
process. That's where response is being sent to.

Adrian