[MPlayer-users] List admin - No messages from list since April 8, 2009

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:08:52 CEST 2009

Hello Guillaume,

Guillaume POIRER wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I don't see what can be wrong with your mailing list
> subscription settings. They are the same as mine (and mine works)!
>
> Maybe hotmail filters out MPlayer's messages? Could you try with
> another email address?
>
> Guillaume
> --

I contacted Hotmail technical support. This is what they said:

1. Confirm if the sender receives any bounce messages when sending

e-mail to your account.  If he/she is receiving one, please request the
sender to provide us with the following information:

Final-Recipient:
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code:

2. Let us know the date and time you last received a message from
this sender or domain.

3.
Please send a test message to the concerned sender and ask him
or her
to reply. Confirm if you are able to receive his or her reply.

4. Confirm if other Windows Live Hotmail users cannot receive from
the same sender.

1) I need you to tell me whether you are getting any bounce messages.

2) I already told them, but I will tell them again.

3) Consider this a test message. I have CCed your personal account.

4) I assume that you have not received any other reports. I looked
through 2 pages of posts at Gmane, and I could not find a single
Hotmail user. Of course, this is not proof that no Hotmail users are
receiving messages.

Regards,
Alias John Brown.