[MPlayer-users] How to force a special color space converter during encoding

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 04:11:42 CEST 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:44:49 +0200
Daniel Lobo <dnlobo at gmail.com> wrote:

> So my question is if there is a command-line arg to force a bgr24 ->
> rgb32 special converter during the encoding process

Yes...  Of course then the encoding process will fail miserably, because
just about every lossy video codec operates in a YUV mode.

>  in order to avoid those unnecessary conversions.

The input needs to be converted.  You can force it to use a different
chain of conversion steps, such as -vf scale,format=rgb32,scale

The fact that mplayer is converting the color space is a bit unusual.
xv uses yuv format directly.  What -vo method do you use?

--
Don't trust me! I'm wrong!