[MPlayer-users] sound leads video

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Thu Apr 16 22:38:44 CEST 2009

I doubt that this is an mplayer problem, but pointers would be
appreciated.

I'm recording OTA HD TV using aan HD HomeRun tuner, which saves the
content as an mp2 file.  When playing the file, sometimes the sound
leads the video by several seconds.

I've attemted to correct this using the several mplayer controls that
appear to be intended to adjust the sync; perhaps several seconds of
lead is outside the design parameters?

It could also be that the HD HomeRun is starting the stream
incorrectly, although there seem to be no other reports of a similar
problem.

Ideas? I'd particularly appreciate some way do determine exactly what's
wrong with the mp2 file.

Thanks.