[MPlayer-users] Adding memory to systems screws up playback

Thu Apr 16 16:24:30 CEST 2009

Hi rray_1 at comcast.net!

 On 2009.04.16 at 08:51:37 -0500, rray_1 at comcast.net wrote next:

> System board is Intel DG965OT
> Has 4 memory slots
> I've had the machine for a couple of years with 2 1GB dimms in slots 1 & 3
> I added 2 1GB dimms in slots 2 & 4
> As far as I can tell everything is working OK except for mplayer
>
> Dmesg shows
> Apr 16 08:41:42 rray2 kernel: LML33[0]: jpg_sync() - timeout: codec
> isr=0x03
> Apr 16 08:41:47 rray2 kernel: LML33[0]: zoran_close(mplayer,
> pid=[11648]), users
> (+)=1
>
> I removed the original dimms and put the new ones in slots 1 & 3, 2GB
> Mplayer works OK
> Put original dimms in slots 2 & 4 and mplayer fails, 4GB total
>

> I'm running CentOS 5.2 with kernel-2.6.18-92.1.22.el5.centos.plus.x86_64
>
> Any suggestions

I think you should report it to kernel developers or zoran (kernel)
driver maintainers. However don't think there is lot of help you can get
with your kernel. You should try upgrading to centos 5.3 for a start,
still, not sure if kernel developers will take your report (kernel too
old), and since it isn't Redhat, you won't get too much attention from
redhat developers too. Still, try reporting it both to kernel and redhat
bugzilla (after upgrading to 5.3 and 2.6.18-128.1.6, that is).

--

Vladimir