[MPlayer-users] Using with webcam Genius Look 320s

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Apr 10 12:16:57 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 12:41:16PM +0400, Stanislav_Egorov wrote:
> Why Mplayer use
> Current input=1? In the cmd there is an input 0.

That's supposed to be the value before the commandline values are set.

> I can change frame format in the driver, what frame formats mplayer
> support? I can chose yuv422, yuv420, raw, jpeg

Not sure what raw is, but in principle all of them.

> ./mplayer tv:// -tv
> driver=v4l2:width=640:height=480:fps=25:device=/dev/video0:input=0 -vo
> x11

Have you tried _without_ forcing width, height, fps?

>  inputs: 0 = Webcam;v4l2: ioctl get input failed: Invalid argument
>
>  Current input: 1

Actually, MPlayer can not read which input is active right after
startup, the driver returns an error. IMO this is very suspicious.

> v4l2: select timeout ??% ??,?% 0 0
> v4l2: select timeout ??% ??,?% 0 0
> v4l2: select timeout ??% ??,?% 0 0
> v4l2: select timeout ??% ??,?% 0 0
> v4l2: select timeout ??% ??,?% 0 0
> v4l2: select timeout ??% ??,?% 0 0
> v4l2: select timeout ??% ??,?% 0 0
> v4l2: select timeout ??% ??,?% 0 0
> v4l2: select timeout ??% ??,?% 0 0

The driver simply seems to never return any data at all...