[MPlayer-users] mplayer can't play the first 3 seconds of a dvd

Brian voilsb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 02:52:16 CEST 2009

I'm running MPlayer SVN-r28964-4.3.2

I issue the command "mplayer dvd://23" and it plays the first 1.1
seconds of blank screen, then says it's reached EOF.

I use "mplayer dvd://23 -ss 3.1" and it plays the whole movie just
fine, just skips the first 3 seconds of filler. With all values <=3.0
it EOF's after 1.1s.

This isn't really a big deal, except I'm trying to transcode the DVD
to put on my "movies" computer. mencoder's giving me trouble with the
DVD, too, and the recommendation I got from the mencoder list was to
"mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile tmp.mpg"
Unfortunately, because mplayer EOF's at 1.1s, it only dumps the first
1.1s of blank screen. I can't seem to get it to dump any more of the
stream.

Any suggestions?

--
Brian Voils