[MPlayer-users] -demuxer lavf on HD-DVD problem (solved)

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Apr 4 13:18:49 CEST 2009

Martin Cracauer wrote:

> The Wanderer wrote on Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 06:59:20AM -0400:
>
>> Martin Cracauer wrote:

>>> Hmmm, can't find it.
>>>
>>> -lavdopts is for debugging, doesn't have a format suboption.
>>>
>>> -lavcopts is for encoding, no format spec either.
>>
>> It's in the man page for my version (SVN r28946, because I haven't
>> updated my video drivers to match code changes since then). Try
>> searching for "libavformat demuxers".
>
> Sorry, my goof.  MANPATH=$prefix/man -> $prefix/share/man, and
> BINGO.
>
> This works for the second EVO of Troy:
> mplayer -demuxer lavf -lavfdopts format=mpeg -aid 3  \
>         ./HVDVD_TS/feature_TROYDCN6LB1_HD_L1.EVO
>
> Thanks so much.  Basically, all my troubles came from an incorrect
> $MANPATH, which made me fall through to some antique manpage and I
> thought lavf doesn't have any control options :-)
>
> Can I submit some hexdump so that autodetection can deal with this
> file in later code?

I don't know if a hexdump would be any good, but standard practice when
there's a file which isn't supported is to treat it as a bug report -
i.e., request for the problematic file (or a cut-down sample sufficient
to reproduce the problem) to be uploaded to
ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ (write-only), with an
accompanying text file explaining what the problem is.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.