[MPlayer-users] Creating mpeg4 video for Nokia 3600 mobile phone

Dan Stephenson ispyhumanfly at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 01:59:32 CEST 2009

Malte Gell wrote:
> I used faac and tried raw. I think it has to do with the MPEG4 container
> format version. The example video has MPEG4 version 2 format, whereas mencoder
> produces MPEG4 version 1 container format.......
>
> Regards
> Malte

I've never had any trouble with it using faac.  I'd keep fiddling with
it.  You would be surprised how finicky lavf can be.  It's very alpha.
But does work in most cases.

I'm going to mention a command from a suite of tools I've been working
on.  It takes any video input and converts to x264/faac in an MP4
container using MPlayer and MEncoder.  It may be of some interest to you.

http://code.google.com/p/mutate/source/browse/trunk/mcode

---
ispy++;