[MPlayer-users] Can mencoder create MPEG4 version 2 content?

Dan Stephenson ispyhumanfly at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 00:58:29 CEST 2009

Malte Gell wrote:
> Ok, Google told, mencoder cannot. But, MP4Box from the gpac package can do
> that. It would be nice, if anyone knew the correct invocation to convert MPEG4
> version 1 to MPEG 4 version 2 container....
>
> Regards
> Malte

There are several tutorials on working with MEncoder and MP4Box.  In a
nutshell... encoding your audio and video to raw format then using
MP4Box to create the final .mp4 is a fairly typical use case.  What
commands specifically  to use with MP4Box once finished are beyond me.
I'm sure  'man MP4Box' will do the trick.

---
ispy++