[MPlayer-users] "Unsupported PixelFormat -1" with any DVD

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Wed Apr 1 16:21:55 CEST 2009

* Alexander Shaduri on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 at 16:24:17 +0400
> I have this problem with mplayer (r29121) saying
> "Unsupported PixelFormat -1" on every VOB file I play.

I get that when playing formats with non-square pixels.

> The files still play fine, but gmplayer displays a dialog box
> for this error, so it's kind of annoying.
> Plus, I want to do some encoding with mencoder and I'm
> concerned whether this error affects the output file quality.

I'm slightly intrigued as well ...

\black\trash movie    _C O W B O Y_  _C A N O E_  _C O M A_
Ein deutscher Western/A German Western
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc.html
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc-en.html