[MPlayer-users] -demuxer lavf on HD-DVD problem

Martin Cracauer cracauer at seagull.cons.org
Wed Apr 1 05:59:13 CEST 2009

The Wanderer wrote on Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 08:16:49AM -0400:
> Martin Cracauer wrote:
>
> >Hi.
> >
> >I have trouble with -demuxer lavf giving me a "LAVF_check: no clue
> >about this gibberish!", but only on one of two similar files.
> >
> >I think it's fairly certain this
> >
> >Details:
> >- HD-DVD
> >- comes in two *.EVO files on the same disk
> >- both play video fine in today's SVN version mplayer with no special
> >  options, gives you video but no audio
> >- first evo file plays fine with -demuxer lavf -aid 1.  Reports
> >  "LAVF_check: MPEG-PS format"
> >  "libavformat file format detected."
> >- but second evo file gives me a
> >  "LAVF_check: no clue about this gibberish!"
> >
> >Can I just force lavf to assume the second file is MPEG-PS, too? As a
> >first step in debugging that sound like something to try but I don't
> >see any options.
>
> It's in the man page, though not necessarily obvious if you don't know
> where to look. Try '-lavfdopts format=vob' or similar.

Hmmm, can't find it.

-lavdopts is for debugging, doesn't have a format suboption.

-lavcopts is for encoding, no format spec either.

A quick look at the source doesn't seem like av_probe_input_format2 in
libavformat any intention of getting a demuxer format dictated.

> >As I said above, if I use the default demuxer instead of lavf the
> >file plays, but video only.
>
> What demuxer does it say it's using then?

Not obvious to me.  All probes seem to fail but somehow it gets video:

Searching demuxer type for filename
/space/video/hddvd/troy/HVDVD_TS/feature_TR\
OYDCN6LB1_HD_L1.EVO ext: .EVO
Checking for Nullsoft Streaming Video
Checking for MOV
Checking for VIVO
header block 1 size: 0
Checking for PVA
Checking for MPEG-TS...
TRIED UP TO POSITION 69782, FOUND 47, packet_size= 0, SEEMS A TS? 0
Checking for LMLM4 Stream Format
Invalid packet in LMLM4 stream: ch=0 size=1409287160
LMLM4 Stream Format not found
system stream synced at 0xD (13)!
==> Found video stream: 85
==> Found audio stream: 195
==> Found audio stream: 194
==> Found audio stream: 192
Unknown 0x1BD substream: 0xB1
Unknown 0x1BD substream: 0xB1
[...]
Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8274683 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec
failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: audio)
MPEG: No audio stream found -> no sound.

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer at cons.org>   http://www.cons.org/cracauer/