[MPlayer-users] SoftSub to HardSub

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 08:56:19 CEST 2008

|TEcHNO| pisze:
> Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:
>> It's only one way to convert softsub to hardsub - decode frame, copy
>> subtitle bitmap onto frame bitmap and then encode the frame.
> I'd just decode frames with subtitles in them I think (like mplayer -vo
> jpeg or similar).
>> Fifo/pipes makes things easier for your hard disk subsystem only.
> Can you show me a fifo/pipes way that can be used with a script? Or that
> can be easily converted to a scriptable one?

mkfifo /tmp/video.y4m
wine avs2yuv.exe script.avs -o /tmp/video.y4m & mencoder /tmp/video.y4m
-o /tmp/movie.avi -ovc lavc

mkfifo /tmp/audio.fifo
mplayer input.avi -really-quiet -a52drc 0 -novideo -vo null -vc null
-benchmark -ao pcm:vaweheader:fast:file=/tmp/audio.fifo & sox -t .wav -c
2 -r 44100 /tmp/audio.fifo -t .wav -c 2 -r 24000 - | faac -q 50 -w -o
/tmp/audio.m4a -

That's feew examples what I've used. Note that I'm using "/tmp" folder
and that's because I have "TMPFS" at it and that speedups things (TMPFS
= RAM filesytem)

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/