[MPlayer-users] SoftSub to HardSub

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 20:33:26 CEST 2008

RC pisze:

>> I don't think using some stange fifos/pipes or rendering into separate
>> frames is easy.

> What makes you think you need to do that to encode with subs?

*hardsub* - it's a sub that's a part of video bitmap

How do you wan't to change video bitmap without decode, changeing actual
data and encode again?
You can only overlay or add bitmap on the fly when playback but that's a
softsub.

2nd way is to make VOB but you file must be MPEG2 DVD compilant already
to do that, and then you could convert you text subtitles to bitmap
subtitle used in DVD and mux it to new VOB file. But it wasn't my
impression with the question.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/