[MPlayer-users] mplayer changes the brightness of my monitor

RVM rvm3000 at ya.com
Sat Sep 27 01:51:07 CEST 2008

El Viernes, 26 de Septiembre de 2008 22:48, Jan Knutar escribió:
> On Friday 26 September 2008, RVM wrote:
> > > press 4 to increase brightness in MPlayer, then see what happens
> > > when you switch mplayer in and out of focus...
> >
> > It changes the brightness of the whole screen!
> > When I click on another window the screen retrieves the original
> > brightness.
>
> That's the best that can be done with -vo x11.

But the fact that the brightness of the whole screen changes seems to me a
bug. If the brightness (contrast and so on) can't be changed in the video only
when using x11 then it seems to me that the better would be that it didn't
allow to change it at all. Actually I think that's what gmplayer does.

--
RVM