[MPlayer-users] play back 720p video

Onur Küçük onur at delipenguen.net
Fri Sep 26 20:15:56 CEST 2008

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:04:07 +0200
"Oliver Seitz" <info at vtnd.de> wrote:

> >   When I use mplayer to play 720p, the sound and the voice are out
> > of synchronization.  It showed "Your system is too slow to ly
> > this! .
>
> Recently I had a file playing in a loop for hours and hours at a
> resolution of 1680x1050. With sound perfectly in sync. So I cant see
> any problem in 720p.
> It of cause could have lots of reasons:
>
> - bitrate too high
> - processor too slow to cope with tricky codec
> - bad header information
> - graphics card bandwidth
> - software scaling
> - ...

 - sound daemons, arts at the top of the list

 I have seen arts eat ~20% cpu on some soundcards, did
not dig it though if it was an arts issue, something with sound card
driver etc. since arts has no future

--
 Onur Küçük                                      Knowledge speaks,
 <onur.--.-.delipenguen.net>                     but wisdom listens