[MPlayer-users] ??: Re: flv with alpha channel

Phil Oleynik Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Fri Sep 26 10:31:28 CEST 2008

Oliver Seitz wrote:
> I didn't believe it at first, too, but it seems flv really supports
> alpha-channel within videos.
>
> http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/alpha_video.html
>
> I can tell that it is not very common to have a real apha-channel in video
> files, so even not knowing internals of mplayer/mencoder I doubt that it
> would be an easy task to implement a feature like this.

Hello, Kiste,

thank you for link, it really works with adobe flash-player, maybe I
spent too little time in Internet to see that effect on some page.
This could be implemented using native adobe tools, as I can see.
Maybe, it would be the best solution for now, though they are expensive.

Best wishes, Phil