[MPlayer-users] lavf_matroska + libass = subtitle flicker, sample included

Diogo 'Kovensky' Franco diogomfranco at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 13:49:47 CEST 2008

Em Sex, 2008-09-12 às 15:16 +0700, ajaxas escreveu:
> There were also some changes in mplayer SVN tree itself, but whatever.
> --correct-pts is now default for lavf and doesn't damage anything, thus making
> usage of correct-pts=0 obsolete.
Itr does damaage, it spams the terminal whenever a frame is dropped,
thus making a slow video slower. As I don't use framedrop anymore, it
really doesn't do damage anymore, so I removed it.

> However, the whole thing with using lavf as a MKV demuxer is in development now,
> so I don't encourage you to use it.
Without this flicker problem, I can probably use it as my default
demuxer for matroska; I need to do more testing too. Also, I'm helping
Anton Khirnov test his ordered chapters/segment linking patches, so I
need to use the lavf demuxer.