[MPlayer-users] [Question]Changing aspect ratio when playing a video file

Kan-I Jyo cecilhsujp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:27:07 CEST 2008

Dear Sabbi and Döffinger,

Thank you for your immediated reply. I appreciate it.

2008/9/12 Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it>:
> On Friday 12 September 2008 12:08:08 Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:00:03PM +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
>
>> > "decode the video" data, unless there's some aspect ratio change
>> > signalled in the demuxer or stream layer (dvds, at the stream
>> > layer, sometimes report a different A/R than the one in the video
>> > stream, but only at the beginning of a title,  not mid-stream)
>>
>> Hm, you gave the answer to where the aspect ration change "event"
>> is "created", but that is not where it is processed (which is in vo
>> or vf, i.e. during output to screen or during filtering).

According to Döffinger's reply, for the processing itself is happened
during output to screen or during filtering, may I consider that this
"changing aspect ratio" behaviour relates to how video player handles
it but not to codec or something else?

--
Sincerely,

Jyo