[MPlayer-users] [Question]Changing aspect ratio when playing a video file

Kan-I Jyo cecilhsujp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 11:50:03 CEST 2008

Dear list,

For I am new to this list, what I am posting might be some kind of
cliche to most of you, but I would like to know the basic routine when
playing a video file.

It is my understanding that when we open a file in a video player,
such as (s)mplayer(one of my favorite), the flow would generally goes
like:

Open a file -> Check file header for some format information ->
looking for a appropriate decoding codec -> decoding the data and send
them back to video player -> show the strem on screen.

If the above to be correct, at which stage(s), would the "changing
aspect ratio" opearation would be taken?

At the same time, which part of the above is going to be in charge of
doing this "changing aspect ratio" work?

As I am not an expert on this area, my question may not be precise
enough. Please give me some comment/direction on how the above is
going to work

--
Sincerely,

Jyo