[MPlayer-users] Annoying freezes

Salatiel Filho salatiel.filho at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 13:57:02 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Vladimir Mosgalin
<mosgalin at vm10124.spb.edu> wrote:
> Hi Salatiel Filho!
>
>  On 2008.09.08 at 18:46:08 -0300, Salatiel Filho wrote next:
>
>> I dont think it is a driver related since i dont have these freezes
>> when running in TOTEM. :/
>
> What output driver does totem use? In fact, "totem" means almost
> nothing, since it can use either xine or gstreamer backend. What kind of
> totem do you have?
> (try commands
> ldd `which totem`|grep xine
> and
> ldd `which totem`|grep gstreamer
> one of them will produce result)

sorry :)
xine backend using xv output
> Anyway if you get this problem in mplayer even with -vo x11 -nosound,
> it's hardly mplayer's fault (well it could be problem in decoder or a-v
> sync code, but if it happens with different videos and cpu usage isn't
> high, it must be something else).

i think i found the problem , but i am not sure yet ...
Removing heartbeat−cmd="gnome−screensaver−command −p" from my
mplayer.conf appears to remove the freezes , though now stop
screensaver is not working...
I will check more when i get home since yesterday i tested just for a
few minutes...

thanks.

> --
>
> Vladimir

[]'s
Salatiel

"O maior prazer do inteligente é bancar o idiota
 diante de um idiota que banca o inteligente".