[MPlayer-users] Video Compressor Plugin

Nan Null null.nan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 07:07:23 CEST 2008

When I use PhotoShop to enhance an image, I use the level tool to
apply on a selected similar region of a photo.  Most of the time, the
top and bottom of the the "level" line is empty (no signal).  Next, I
drag the upper and lower end closer together so that these very low to
empty signal area are not part of the "level".  This in effect stretch
out the dynamic range of the color to cover the full range.  This
gives the image much better saturation.  I imagine that tools with
automatic (somewhat intelligent) engine can do this with video.  Also,
if it's so hard, users can specify the percentage of the range to use.

Is there such a video filter for MPlayer to enhance the video similar
to this?  If not, is there a plugin that would enhance the dynamic
range of the saturation of a video?