[MPlayer-users] playback corruption + fix

bla blamail blapost at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 01:29:16 CEST 2008

2008/9/8 The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net>

> bla blamail wrote:
>
> > I came upon this video
> > http://www.djpnuemo.com/sites/malwaredb/quicktime.wmv
> >
> > which wouldn't play back at all in stable version, and in svn version
> > this caused corruption.
> >
> > I'm not familiar with mplayer at all, and i only glanced at all the
> > text on bugreporting and patch submission(a case of tl;dr).
>
> This is bad. If you're going to send in a patch, you need to follow the
> rules. DOCS/tech/patches.txt isn't that long or that complicated.
>
> The bug-reporting guidelines are somewhat more complex, I'll admit, but
> still not enough so to be legitimately just ignored. By choosing to do
> so, you are being rude.
>

> > however the included patch works for me on top of svn:
>
> The patch is mangled, so that it needs hand correction before it could
> be applied. This is because you sent it inline rather than as an
> attachment. You also sent the patch to the wrong mailing list. If you
> had read the patch submission guidelines, you would have found out about
> both of these problems before sending the mail, as well as about at
> least one other problem I can see right away.
>
> Please read DOCS/tech/patches.txt and resubmit the patch usably.

No thanks, i'm just a user(hence this list) of this project, reporting a
bug,
i don't have the time, aspiration nor knowledge to properly submit, push,
and take
responsibility for the change.

Use the information however you see fit, I don't expect anything further
from your end,
I'd appreciate it if you 'd extend me the same courtesy.

sincerely
rude, bad
bla