[MPlayer-users] Compiling for OS X results in garbled DVD sound

Alex Sherwin alex.sherwin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 03:03:14 CEST 2008

Now I'm even more confused by your response.  I can't help if you get upset
when someone is equally rude right back to you, but not everyone is a C/C++
expert with years of configure and make experience.

I did read the output of ./configure -help.
I did open up the configure script and read through it.

There is an --enable-libdca option, which I have attempted to use.  From
what I understand however, libdca is included in the mplayer source and as
such it is found "internally" by configure to the project, such that when I
install libdca manually (in /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/include) and include
it with the options --with-extraincdir and --with-extralibdir that configure
is still not using my third party copy of libdca.

I fail to see the point at which this has become "hand holding", even doing
this much is far beyond many end-users.  As such, I am seeking help on the
projects mailing list, which I would consider to be the prime place for such
questions.  This is not the dev mailing list.

So my question still stands, which is perfectly acceptable in this forum, is
what lengths do I need to go to to get configure/make to utilize my third
party libdca.  I would also like to note, that I can checkout the 1.0rc2 tag
and compile it without any issues on OS X.  Is it possible the current trunk
simply has OS X compilation issues?

--
Alexander Sherwin
alex.sherwin at gmail.com