[MPlayer-users] Compiling for OS X results in garbled DVD sound

Alex Sherwin alex.sherwin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 01:11:08 CEST 2008

Thanks for nothing, if you watched the whole thread you would see that I've
already used configure with and without the --enable-libdca flag.  Rather
then be a jerk, you could actually attempt to address the question,
otherwise you need not reply.  I would include the whole thread as a normal
reply to avoid such situations, but I've seen people on this mailing list
ask to not top-post.
Now for my actual situation:

   - Not using --enable-libdca (which, from what I gather uses libdca that
   is internal to the mplayer source) results in garbled sound output
   - Attempting to use a different -ao for audio playback fails to play any
   sound
   - Using --enable-dca and specifying the lib path with --with-extralibdir
   and the include path with --with-extrainc results in compilation errors

Has anyone else had issues with libdca on OS X?