[MPlayer-users] mplayer, x264 and X11 BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 10:45:01 CET 2008

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 6:01 AM, Adam Jacob Muller
<lists-mplayer-users at adam.gs> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm getting no video (-fs gives black borders with the background
> showing where video should be) with mplayer and with matroska-
> containered x264 files
>
> I am using -vo xv and that works fine with other formats (avi/wmv/flv/
> mpg/others).
> but with mkv files I get the errors below, if I switch to -vo x11 the
> video does play, but with the associated huge performance issues.
>

> Any ideas at all would be hugely appreciated!
>
> Mplayer is:
> MPlayer dev-SVN-r27673-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team

Please SVN up, I think this problem is fixed. If it doesn't, then
check if your graphic card has enough VRAM, and check what happens if
you disable things like compiz/3d desktop effects...

Guillaume
--
One should not give up hope on imbeciles. With a little training, you
can make them into soldiers.