[MPlayer-users] Building with SSE3 support

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Oct 18 21:33:09 CEST 2008

On 18 Oct 2008, at 15:25, Andrew Berg wrote:

> Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 4:40 AM, Andrew Berg <bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>> I'm building MPlayer 1.0rc2
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that rc2 is so old that it doesn't actually have a
>> significant amount of SSSE3 code to begin with.
>>
> I didn't realize that 1.0rc2 was not a recent release. Authors usually
> have at least source tarballs of releases that aren't over a year old
> available. How am I to know if I what I get from a snapshot is even
> remotely usable?

You might take a quick look at the recent thread "When will there be a
new release?"
<http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2008-October/thread.html

You're expected to get the source by checking out SVN.
The webpage <http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html> REALLY needs
amending to indicate this.

Particularly of note to you:

    There is _not a single_ Windows developer left in the MPlayer team.
    I sometimes boot into Windows out of pity with those who are stuck
    with it, but that is not enough to fix the problems that have
    accumulated.  http://www.videolan.org/ obviously have the same
    problem.
    <http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2008-October/074676.html

You may find unofficial builds for Windows of MPlayer if you hunt
around. Some may be mentioned if you read that thread in full, and you
might also find this page useful <http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/projects.html#windows
 >.

Stroller.