[MPlayer-users] gmplayer not opening

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Oct 6 23:14:10 CEST 2008

George Michael wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have cross compiled MPlayer-1.0pre8-3.4.5 for arm architecture.

That's ridiculously old - it dates back to June 2006. You're unlikely to
get much support for such an old version here. Even the most recent
released version (1.0rc2) will be a year old tomorrow, and is unlikely
to get much more support here either.

> I have enabled the osd menu using the --enable-menu in the
> configuration options. But when I try opening the gmplayer I get the
> following messages:

The GUI is barely supported in any case, at least in recent versions.
The use of any of the third-party front-ends is more often recommended
than the use of the built-in GUI.

(Also, although I use neither, my understanding is that the OSD menu and
the built-in GUI have little to do with one another...)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.