[MPlayer-users] System Update Broke mencoder

Richi Plana mymplayer at richip.dhs.org
Mon Oct 6 22:20:42 CEST 2008

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Monday, 06 October 2008 at 20:56, Richi Plana wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently updated my Fedora 9 system and seemed to have somehow broken mencoder audio encoding. The ff. command used to work:
>>
>> mencoder -vf scale=240:180 $infile -o $outfile -of avi -ovc lavc -oac \
>> lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=230:acodec=libmp3lame:abitrate=64
>>
>> but now I just get the following error:
>>
>> Couldn't open codec libmp3lame, br=64.
>>

> My livna RPMs have libmp3lame support in libavcodec to avoid libmp3lame
> dependency in MPlayer. Just use -oac mp3lame. There might have been a period
> when this was not the case, but that wasn't intended.

Thanks! -oac mp3lame works (though the default settings seems to
complain that the default samplerate's too high). Is there a general
rule for bitrate-to-samplerate ratio?

I still can't figure out what broke libmp3lame in libavcodec, though.
The fact that it was working only 5 days ago is puzzling.
--

Richi Plana