[MPlayer-users] HD-DVD & Blue-Ray Systems

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Oct 5 11:56:22 CEST 2008

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 12:36:50AM -0400, Rashkae wrote:
> fon.milgard wrote:
> > Thank you Wanderer & Rashkae :) My deep apologies for double post. I was struggling with the email account.
> >
> > So, mplayer presently does not allow any playability of original hi-def content? I note software like POWERDVD allows owned blue-ray discs to be played. I am not sure about which software I should be investing my time into :)
>
> Power DVD,  all the way.... Your time invested notwithstanding (cause I
> really couldn't care less), *our* time invested would be much better off.

Of course if someone is using Windows anyway _and_ really wants to use
MPlayer _and_ does not care about the menus and stuff at all,
slysoft does has software to remove the copy protection.
For HD-DVD there should also be some free software that can remove the
protection for most disks.
I wouldn't consider any solution worth my time (and I would include
PowerDVD and actually BlueRay in general in the solutions not worth my
time - just for fun I tried a PowerDVD demo to test GPU acceleration -
with truly horrible results (completely messed up colours)).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger