[MPlayer-users] Problem with latest dvdnav SVN and VIDEO_TS playback

JonY 10walls at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 16:12:00 CEST 2008

On 10/3/2008 20:58, Charles philip Chan wrote:
> JonY<10walls at gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> I'm surprised that it even worked. Version bumps usually mean ABI
>> breakage. Well, try linking to 4.1.1 from now on.
>
> I presumed that the abi should be the same since they both create
> symlinks to libdvdnavmini.so.4 and this is what mplayer is linked
> against.

Dominik is right, I forgot about the symlinks.

>> I'm still unsure how to fix it. You may want to go along with GDB to
>> check why MPlayer crashed.
>
> OK, I recompiled with debugging set to 1. Here is the bt:

Ok, you probably need to recompile DVDCSS, DVDread and DVDnav with debug
info as well.

The assert test failed at "dvdnav/src/vm/vm.c:1071". I suggest you set a
break point there.

Once you reach that line, try doing a back trace from there. Try to find
out what is causing it to fail.