[MPlayer-users] Slave mode bugs (?) and Java Swing embedding

Javier Gálvez Guerrero javier.galvez.guerrero at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 12:06:25 CEST 2008

Hi Mathieu,

2008/9/30 Mathieu SCHROETER <mathieu.schroeter at gamesover.ch>:
> Javier Gálvez Guerrero a écrit :
>> In order to analyze if MPlayer is such a possible candidate I've
>> downloaded it (1.0rc2-4.2.3 in Ubuntu Linux, through Synaptics) and
>> given it a try.
>
> <snip>
>
>  > MPlayer plays nicely all added items but if I try to "restart" the
>  > playlist (loadfile path/to/new/file0 0) MPlayer stops playing the
>  > current item,
>
> The last parameter of loadfile is used to *append* when != 0.

Yes, I know that. That's why I use it to add different contents in
sequence (thus, creating a playlist). Adding 0 or nothing has (or
should have...) the same effect: start playing the file given as the
first argument. What I get is not this, but restarting the current
item. Note that this ONLY happens when, after adding many files to the
list with 'loadfile path/to/file X' and playing an item different from
the first one, I try to play a new item (thus restarting the playlist)
with 'loadfile path/to/new/file' or 'loadfile path/to/new/file 0'.

This is the MPlayer output:

loadfile path/to/first/file   <--------- start the playlist with this first item
starts playing first item
loadfile rtsp://192.168.1.101/metal_KORN  1 <------------ added
another item to the playlist
finishes playing first item
starts playing the second item (rtsp://192.168.1.101/metal_KORN)
VO: [xv] 352x240 => 352x270 Planar YV12
loadfile rtsp://192.168.1.101:60100/rock_REDHOT  <------- while
playing the second item, interrupt it and start playing a new item

GNOME screensaver enabled

Playing rtsp://192.168.1.101:60100/metal_KORN.  <-------------- IT
STARTS PLAYING THE CURRENT ITEM AGAIN!!!
Resolving 192.168.1.101 for AF_INET6...
Couldn't resolve name for AF_INET6: 192.168.1.101
Connecting to server 192.168.1.101[192.168.1.101]: 60100...
rtsp_session: unsupported RTSP server. Server type is 'VLC Server'.
STREAM_LIVE555, URL: rtsp://192.168.1.101:60100/metal_KORN

Checked with local and RTSP streams and different number of items.

How can this be solved? Is it a bug?

>> ('stop' doesn't work at all, MPlayer keeps on playing without taking
>> care of 'stop' command). I've tried with local files of different
>> formats and RTSP streams with same results.
>
> Because 'stop' is not available in rc2. And I think that is not what
> you want.

So, any similar command in rc2? Will it be available in the final
release?  I just wanted to check that the previous issue couldn't be
solved calling this command before.

> IHMO to manage a playlist, I suggest you to do this job in your
> application.

Emmmm... What do you mean? I want to develop a media player frontend
through which I can manage playlists, so obviously, I will do it with
my application, but I need the embedded a media player to support it.
I could restart MPlayer every time I needed a new playlist but this is
inefficient and for sure there is a better alternative using native
MPlayer commands, isn't it?

Any idea, suggestion or piece of advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Javi