[MPlayer-users] Synchronizing multiple instance of Mplayer over the network

Lehni lists at scratchdisk.com
Thu Nov 27 20:44:13 CET 2008

Hello,

I am trying to find out if it is possible to synchronize the playback
of muplitple instances of Mplayer on multiple machines across the
network. I would like to create a video wall based on HD resolution
video files. Each of these files is a part of a video of an even
higher resolution, and each would be played back by its own dedicated
machine.

I imagine one machine would be declared master (server), the other
slaves (clients) for the time signal.

Is there such a feature? If not, how hard would it be to implement it?

Is anyone else interested in working on this?

Best,

Lehni