[MPlayer-users] Broken avi file: "AVI: Missing video stream!? " video works, no audio though

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Wed Nov 26 06:25:57 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 10:23 +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> On Monday 24 November 2008 10:15:19 Da Rock wrote:

> > > -tsprobe has effect only on mpeg-ts streams, not on avi or  any
> > > other kind of file
> >
> > The avi is simply a container for the ts. Ergo -tsprobe is useful
> > in this case. Thanks for the pointer though.
> >

> total nonsense

To be honest I don't really care- it worked for me and fixed the
problem. If anyone else has a similar problem (if they choose to do the
job the same strange way I do) then this will more than likely help them
too.

I did initially respond in a civil manner, but comments such as this are
neither warranted, nor useful. Something more constructive might have
been more qualified here, such as why the statement is nonsense...

That's my 2c anyway. Apologies to anyone else who has to read this.