[MPlayer-users] Mencoder and Audio Sync Issue

Mario Bernheim mhbernheim at lasnite.com
Mon Nov 24 04:52:07 CET 2008

I hope im doing this correctly ! :)
Hello,

we run a pretty busy site, our server specs are what I put on my
profile during registration; our server load is usually at:

top - 22:23:11 up 23 days, 4:32, 1 user, load average: 2.23, 1.89, 1.62

We encode using mencoder, and users are able to encode to FLV and DivX
simulatenously, by just clicking on a tab, the encodnig is done on teh
same webserver (that runs teh platform for the site and encodes), the
videos are not streamed from taht server, they are streamed on another
server.

This is the command that we use to encode

For FLV Output to be able to be played with JWPlayer the command we run is:

/usr/bin/mencoder /home/xxxxx/public_html/video/1115.flv -o
/home/xxxxx/public_html/1115x.flv
-of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=flv:vbitrate=800:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:keyint=10:cbp:last_pred=3
-vop scale=630:391 -srate 22050
-lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames

For Xvid, we encode using this command:

mencoder file.wmv/avi/flv -ofps 25 -ovc xvid -oac mp3lame -lameopts
abr:br=128 -srate 48000 -vf scale -zoom -xy 630 -xvidencopts
fixed_quant=4 -o outputtedfileinxvid.avi

this was basically a user uploading an FLV file to our site, but it
also happens with other formats. What happens? the audio is out of
sync, not by much, but it becomes very annoying after first 20 minutes
of any video. Can someone please advise? I'd reall appreciate it
smile.gif . B