[MPlayer-users] Problem with xv and -wid since r27961

RVM rvm3000 at ya.com
Sat Nov 22 01:46:30 CET 2008

El Sábado, 22 de Noviembre de 2008 00:24, Reimar Döffinger escribió:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:57:52PM +0100, RVM wrote:
> > It seems since revision 27961 mplayer (when using xv) doesn't scale the
> > video to fill completely the window passed with -wid. It doesn't do
> > initially, but it does after the window has been resized.
>
> Should be fixed. -vo xvmc had the same issue.

Yes, it works now. Thanks for the quick fix.

BTW, it seems there's also a similar problem with x11. Actually it seems to be
an old problem, it's even present in mplayer 1.0rc1.

When using -wid and x11 as vo, the video displayed by mplayer doesn't always
fill the -wid window, it draws the video keeping the aspect ratio of the
video, leaving unpainting areas. This doesn't happen with the rests of vo's
(xv, gl, directx...).

That issue makes that the aspect ratio options in smplayer don't work well
when using x11.

The problem can be seen easily in smplayer by opening a video, and then
selecting Video -> Aspect ratio -> Disabled. Now when the main window is
resized the video should fill all the window, but with x11 the video is
displayed on the center (keeping aspect) of the -wid window leaving the
borders unpainted (I'm using the option -nokeepaspect but it doesn't make any
difference).

Screenshot:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5743/screenshotfx1.jpg

And this is how the other drivers display it:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4058/screenshot2ua5.jpg

--
RVM