[MPlayer-users] Where did Nvidia hide my texture units?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Nov 6 19:02:53 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 05:22:49PM +0100, János Szabó wrote:
> Wikipedia tells me that I should have 48 texture units (dream) on my Geforce
> 8800GTS, unfortunately I am not able to use more than 4.

Actually, it does work just fine, so you can ignore the warning.
For some reason the function always returns 4 for NVidia, no idea why...
One of the very few cases where ATI actually works right...
Actually, the idea behind it is explained here:
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/General_FAQ.html#t6
No idea if/when I will find the motivation to implement that...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger