[MPlayer-users] Wrong 5.1 channels order with Vorbis

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat May 31 19:15:54 CEST 2008

Hi.

It seems that "oggdec -R" decodes raw data in exactly the official Vorbis
order. With that information, I could produce by trial and error a correct
test Ogg Vorbis file (where I say "front channel" on the front channel and
so on), and test further:

> According to the sources, neither call reorder_channel, so they are probably
> both bogus.

It seems I was wrong about ffvorbis: I missed the point where the reordering
was done: ffvorbis gives a correct result since revision 26164.

libvorbis, on the other hand, is actually wrong: it outputs channels in
Vorbis order (FL FC FR RL RR LF) where mplayer internal order (FL FR RL RR
FC LF) is expected.

I will try to find time to submit a patch, but not before I have
investigated similar bugs in vorbis-tools.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George