[MPlayer-users] Play TiVo-raw-video

Markus Leonhardt l at llt.it
Mon May 26 02:30:29 CEST 2008

Hello,

I try to play the content from a TV set-top box. The video data is saved
on a hard disk drive, but I can't mount it on my computer because there
is no valid partition map or file system. I know, that the device use
the TiVo video-codec.

My plan is to grab several parts from the disk with the dd comand and
try to play it with mplayer. But it doesn't worked so far, I guess
because mplayer doesn't find any video-/sequence-header. Is there a way
to set the parameters (resolution, etc.) manually so I can play a
TiVo-"raw"(= without any header)-video file?

I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Markus Leonhardt