[MPlayer-users] Dumping WMV subs

|TEcHNO| techno at punkt.pl
Sun May 25 19:48:31 CEST 2008

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 10:28:12AM +0200, |TEcHNO| wrote:
>> Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>>> mkvmerge can probably extract them. FFmpeg (I think) can do it too, but the format
>>> it produces is probably nothing you can use. With MPlayer you would probably have
>>> to change the source.
>>> To render while encoding, see -vf expand and -sid option.
>> I'm trying something like this below, but the output has no subtitles.
>
> You are not using the expand filter.

Using this (below), I'm still not getting any subtitles to render on the
final movie, unless they need to render on the blck bars. The thing I'm
bothered it that any movie, that is not 4/3 aspect, will get black bars
encoded, that may increase the overall movie size (not much but still).

mencoder "$1" -ovc xvid -oac mp3lame \
			-ofps $OFPS -sid 0 -ass\
			-vf crop=$CROP,scale=320:-3:0:0:\
			$SCALER_PARS,expand=320:240:::1 \
			-sws $SCALER_TYPE \
  			-xvidencopts bitrate=$VBITRATE:nogmc:noqpel:\
			quant_type=$QUANT_TYPE:pass=2:profile=asp3:\
			threads=2:max_key_interval=$OFPS \
			-lameopts vol=$VOLGAIN:vbr=3:aq=0 -o "$2"

VBITRATE=600;
QUANT_TYPE=mpeg;
ABITRATE=128;
VOLGAIN=0;
CROP=0:0:0:0;
SCALER_TYPE=2;
SCALER_PARS=0.00:0.65;
OFPS=25;

--
pozdrawiam     |"Help me master, I felt the burning twilight behind
techno at punkt.pl|those gates of steel..." --Perihelion, Prophecy Sequence