[MPlayer-users] Installation of MPlayer

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri May 23 23:52:05 CEST 2008

Attila Kinali wrote:

> On Fri, 09 May 2008 07:00:00 -0400 The Wanderer
> <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>> $ tar -xjf MPlayer-1.0pre5.tar.bz2
>>
>> There is no such thing as 'MPlayer 1.0pre5'. The most recent
>> official release, which was quite some time ago, had the version
>> number 1.0rc2. Where did you get these sources from?
>
> There is, released on 2004-07-15, code name "LinuxTag release"

Huh. I do vaguely remember this, now that you mention it, but I don't
remember ever seeing it show up anywhere before. It certainly doesn't
seem to have been widely disseminated.

> Yes, that's way beyond prehistoric.

That depends how you define it. 0.90, say, would be where I consider the
MPlayer history to roughly begin - for the simple reason that, if I
recall correctly, that's the first version I actually used. ^_^

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.