[MPlayer-users] Encoding for SanDisk Sansa e200 (version 2)

Kai Ponte kai at perfectreign.com
Fri May 23 02:58:41 CEST 2008

On Thursday 22 May 2008 05:04:40 pm Charles philip Chan wrote:
> Kai Ponte <kai at perfectreign.com> writes:
>
> Hi Kai:

Hey, Charles - nice to see you on this list.

> > Wonder if one can provide a bit of help with encoding video for a
> > SanDisk Sanse e260 player
>
> V1 or V2? The V1 (Portal Player SoC) uses MPJEG in a QT container and
> PCM audio, where as the V2 (AMS SoC) uses DivX with mpeg audio.

V2, as far as I know.

> Judging from your post, I presume you have a V2. I have tried many times
> to help people transcode with mencoder for the V2 with no luck as you
> can see in this thread (I don't have a V2 myself):
>
> http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10865

I joined there, too, but figured I'd post questions here.  :P

I had tried that script, but it just didn't work.

> If you do have a V2, we can work together to find a commandline that
> works, if you want.

Sound good - I'm not a knowledge person in this area yet, but will work with
you.

> > I can't use Rockbox yet with this version. I've even tried using the
> > player under VMWare (XP guest OS) and it just crashes VMWare.
>
> The V1 works with Rockbox. If you have a V2, you will have to wait.

...apparently forever.

--
kai
www.filesite.org || www.4thedadz.com || www.perfectreign.com