[MPlayer-users] How to play MTV files?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu May 22 09:38:15 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 06:09:19AM +0400, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
> Here is my output. I tried with different video output, but neither
> this or -vf scale helps. I double checked
> that /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf is the same as in r26846.

You should not have any codecs.conf at all installed, it will only
create problems. The right codecs.conf is built into the MPlayer binary,
the external ones are only for developers and advanced users.

> [PP] Using external postprocessing filter, max q = 6.
> Trying filter chain: pp unsharp pp screenshot vo
> Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
> Opening video filter: [scale]
> SwScale params: -1 x -1 (-1=no scaling)
> Trying filter chain: scale pp unsharp pp screenshot vo
> The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
> Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
> e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.

Do as it says. Though I think you should not be using the pp and unsharp
filters at all with these files, even more so since I think pp filter
will not work properly with rgb video like these.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger