[MPlayer-users] mplayer stops loading for about 10 secs when startup

Shuai ys0418 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 03:52:13 CEST 2008

Hey, Guys

I am new guys on this list.

I have a question about mplayer in my ubuntu 8.04 32bit system.

My mplayer was pausing (hanging) for about 10 secs at every startup then
its working as normal. But after hunting down my config file, I found
that it was the stop-xscreensaver option (for gui, it is the
stopxscreensaver option) that was causing the problem. Once I disable
the these options in config and gui.conf under ~/.mplayer/, everthing is
fine.

So why this happens? I do remember mplayer was working fine two days ago
and I do not think I delete any package related to mplayer.

Pls suggest.

Shuai